Prestashop is about to reach a big milestone: PrestaShop 1.5. Although this final version is still in development, recently the Prestashop Team has announced the v1.5 Release Candidate. Many have been anxiously awaiting this release, mainly the Prestashop Community which is eager to begin to develop modules and build their ecommerce shops with the new v1.5 software. However, it seems it will take still a little bit longer before the final version 1.5 goes public.
Some of the new features we can expect with PrestaShop v1.5 are:
- Multistore Management – This is the very long awaited main feature in Prestashop 1.5. Multistore will allow any admin, regardless of shop size, to manage multiple stores from a single Back Office. With options for multiple currencies, multiple languages and multiple domains also included.
- New Modules API – API structure has been revised to easily manage updates to all of the Prestashop modules. The APIs automatically check to ensure that the latest versions are installed.
- Cart pricing rules – Managing the cart’s pricing rules is now a piece of cake with the new ergonomic interface. It is easy to provide discounts on items in the customer’s cart. This turns into a convenient way to make promotional offers so that they stand out to your customers. (e.g. Buy two items, get the third for free)
- Place or modify orders from the Back Office – This feature allows merchants to help customers over the phone or live chat and place the order for them.
- New design for the back office. With an improved back office and an updated graphical layout and design, it will be even more pleasant and convenient to manage the ecommerce. The new Back Office also respects the MVC pattern (Model–view–controller) to allow developers to quickly make customizations.
- Advanced stock management – A completely new stock management system has been developed which allows us to discern our physical stock and the available quantities for sale.
- Customer service system. – The totally new integrated customer service centralizes all of the messages from different sources into a single tab.
Lots of additional new features and optimizations is also available with this version 1.5; including better downloadable products, a new shop installer, location improvements, improvements in the Front Office and improvements in shipping management.
Now finally we can try them all. We are looking forward to getting your feedback regarding this new version.
Related Information: Your online store with Prestashop from € 5.45 / month!